Join us as a GUEST Travel Designer (Contractor)
Do you have a passion for travel and care deeply about customer service? Would you love to sell New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific Islands to the rest of the world? If your answer is “yes”to both questions, then GUEST Travel may be the right place for you!
GUEST Travel is a Nelson-Tasman based inbound travel design company. We began in 1996 specifically designing New Zealand travel itineraries. Read our story here. GUEST Travel has since expanded to Australia and Pacific Islands. We work on ‘the cloud’ with systems like Wetu.com and TourWriter We also have very smart marketing, accounts and service delivery tools. Our focus is on creating a quality, tailor-made ‘trip of a lifetime’ itinerary for our customers.
We are looking for an exceptional Travel Designer to join our team! Our ideal candidate will be working remotely – and independently. However you will receive and enjoy a supportive environment. Your hours will be flexible, but no more than 25-30 hours per week. This unique position would suit a person who loves working from home and enjoys being on-the-road for the occasional research trip.
Our Travel Designers must understand bespoke quality and meaningful travel experiences for our international guests. You will need to appreciate that each holiday itinerary is different – and can be enhanced by local recommendations such as authentic tours, boutique accommodation – recommending the hidden spots only a local would know. It is important you are well travelled and understand the needs of the more discerning traveller.
Key facts on what you need to bring to the ‘party’…
- Extensive NZ & Australia travel knowledge.
- Contractor role with hourly income, plus commission & travel benefits.
- Work from home or while travelling online and phone.
- Flexible but with set monthly work hours to suit lifestyle.
- Monthly sales & margin targets as set.
- Be Nelson-Tasman based.
- Start date: 16 March 2020.
Discovering cool places in Australia and New Zealand…
Key job description…
- Communicate with clients with fast responses via email, skype and phone.
- Research and book all travel, including accommodation, transfers, rental cars, domestic flights, ferries, train journeys and tours.
- Work with our cloud-systems such as Wetu.com and TourWriter.com with beautiful web & app based itineraries.
- Be available to communicate with guests while they are travelling.
- Provide assistance when the unexpected occurs e.g. schedule changes, special requests and cancellations.
- Technology savvy – understand the way modern travellers think and be open to learning new delivery systems.
- Be proficient at social marketing as a way of staying in touch with our guests.
- Write the occasional travel blog by using your insider knowledge.
- Assist with setting up itineraries into our GUEST systems.
- Time-sheets to be completed, showing tasks you have completed and files you have worked on. Sales goals overview.
Fancy style and beautiful things in life…
What we are looking for…
- A passion for travel, the highest service standards for a diverse clientele.
- Be organised, smart working and self-motivated to do a world-class job.
- To be professional and confident in all business dealings.
- To focus strongly on quality products only.
- Taking professional pride in finding solutions to challenges that face travellers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the NZ & Aus travel industry.
- A desire to personally experience services to expand your travel knowledge.
- Be a ‘service hero’ by giving it your all!
Exploring the hidden secrets New Zealand and Australia offers.
What GUEST will provide…
Bring the right attitude to customer service, your laptop and a mobile phone and GUEST will provide the rest:
- A modern cloud-based travel planning system (on web, mobile, app).
- Email accounts, social settings and marketing systems.
- Customer relationship systems and templates.
- Freedom from all accounting work – just forward invoices.
- Exciting travel famils to experience first-hand.
- System and management training provided.
- Monthly meetings of support by management – via skype or in person.
- Be part of a local travel community – you won’t be on your own!
- Remuneration by requested weekly hours, plus sales commission system.
Have the right working-lifestyle balances. Make your passion your job!
Your Remuneration & Benefits:
- Working 40 weeks per year @ 100 hours per month @ NZ$25 per hour
- 2% commission on sales (min. margins do apply)
- 1% super-commission with exceeding margins (min. margins do apply)
- staff travel budget of NZ$3000 per annum (after the first 6 month)
Discovery places… ‘fearless’ and with a smile on your face 🙂
Interested in with working with GUEST?
- Make contact with Michael and forward any additional questions.
- First we’ll have a phone interview to answer key questions.
- Then we can meet for a chat to discuss expectations and goals.
- A one-month trial period will be implemented.